June 2, 2015

Black Bus Driver at Jewish School Called “Blackie” and “Monkey”

Black Bus Driver at Jewish School Called “Blackie” and “Monkey”

In a federal lawsuit, the only African-American school bus driver at a Jewish school says he was regularly taunted with racial slurs like “monkey” and “blackie”.

Willis Baker was an employee of United Talmudical Academy of Boro Park Inc. in New York from July to December 2014, the Raw Story Story reported. Baker alleges that the man who hired him, Yanke Schaefer, called him his “monkey friend” in front of other people.

“I just thought to myself, I really got myself into one hell of a pickle here,” Baker said, describing his reaction to the racially inflammatory remark. Baker says when he complained about the remark, he was told to “shut up and appreciate that he had a job in the first place.”

Baker alleges Schaefer’s remark wasn’t his only interaction with racism.

Baker, 56, also claimed that he was called “monkey,” “blackie” and “stupid” while students were throwing things at him as he was driving the school bus, and no teachers intervened.

Alexander M. Dudelson, Baker’s lawyer, confirms that he is suing the United Talmudical Academy for $2 million dollars in damages.

[tweet_box]Black “Monkey Friend” Bus Driver at Jewish School Forced to Work 80 Hrs/Wk, Clean Up After White Drivers[/tweet_box]

Baker also claims he was forced to work as a janitor for non-black drivers and denied overtime pay:

Baker’s employer also told him to clean and service buses that were driven by non-African-American drivers—and he was the only employee ordered to do so and didn’t get additional pay for the extra work, the suit claims.

During his time at the school, Baker drove some six runs per day. He also cleaned and fueled vehicles and transported multiple buses to maintenance. The Brooklyn resident worked 13 hours a day, Sundays through Thursdays, and seven and a half hours on Fridays, totaling 72.5 hours per week, the lawsuit stipulates. Baker received a flat salary of $600 weekly from July to August, and then a flat weekly rate of $850 from then until December.

Baker alleges he was assigned another route not worked by other drivers, increasing his hours worked per week to 82.5. When Baker asked Schaefer about the increased hours, he says his boss again told him that he was “lucky” to have a job.

In addition, Baker claims money was deducted from his paycheck, $1,500 at one point, for an accident that never occurred.

Baker says he was finally fired after another driver hit his bus, causing damage. He claims Schaefer said the owner of the other vehicle again claimed $1,500 in damages. Baker answered by reminding Schaefer that the accident wasn’t his fault and that he’d never received proof of damages from the first alleged accident.

When Schaefer demanded that $1,500 be taken out of Baker’s wages, the employee demanded back wages and overtime pay. That, according to Baker, led to him being fired.

0 likes Black News , Race & Racism , ybw #

24 thoughts on “Black Bus Driver at Jewish School Called “Blackie” and “Monkey”

1. HANNIBAL the VICTOR says:

Black males exhibit weakness in this society and are more and more becoming targeted by other groups. Singing Kumbaya with everybody , not starting businesses ,spending money on frivolity and not investing ,and generally showing that you are not capable of leading yourself  your women or even your children has emboldened your enemies in this world. When the people who hate you have no respect for you the next step is to TERMINATE you. Real men seek respect over love. Unfortunately , black men seek ATTENTION which is a FEMININE trait. Your enemies should always have a healthy fear of you.

Imagine what they called him in Yid.

His attorney’s name is ‘Dudelson’, eh?  Sounds like that could possibly be a jewish surname . If so, good luck with that lawsuit Mr.Baker.

Rick Manigault

Pretty sure they called him that, too, Rick.

5. anthony4422 says:

HANNIBAL the VICTOR Wow, I’ve never heard it put quite like that.  Everything you said is spot on.

6. charlocrossley says:

Talmudical Academy…hmmm, no mercy, no grace…the letter of the law KILLETH.  But the spirit brings LIFE! They are devoid of life and therefore have no respect for another’s life or livelyhood. They are haters…and pessimistic and are totally lost as a people. They will weep and mourn when they see the Son of GOD coming in the clouds. They will rent their garments and put on sackcloth and ash. Watch, and pray. Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, Mr. Baker. You shall be given recompense for the hideousness you  endures. $2 Million will help.

7. EmmanuelThetechguyWatson says:

HANNIBAL the VICTOR See this is the issue I have with your statement. “Black men.” Is that all black men, each one of us. You guy are fools to believe black people wouldn’t like to have more or be more. You think we dont  have dreams or goals? Now we need to be terminated right? Real men seek respect right? How come i have to seek something i should be born with? We could be millionaires selling drugs to our white counterparts but we get locked up for it, if i’m not mistaken although not legal its a business and we thrive at it. Myself i am from the hood, but i do not let that stop me because of comments like yours I am studying to become an electrical engineer. And everytime in class i show out intellectually and watch as the people flock to me a black man from the hood. The scurvy of society, the non leader, the attention seeker, I do seek attention especially from my teachers and superiors. But from people like ya’ll i show out on. I show my intelligence and dedication to my craft each and everytime because i am self aware of who i am. I understand .my history and not the hisotry i was given. I know Thomas Edison wasnt a scientist, i know J.P Morgan was a scoundrel, i know George Washington wasn’t the first president, i know Thomas Jefferson stole land because i looked past the veil put up by history classes and dug deeper. I know you guys are idiots, bigots, and generic in thinking.

8. HANNIBAL the VICTOR says:

EmmanuelThetechguyWatson Constant attention seeking , “showing out for superiors” , and believing you are entitled to respect. These are beliefs that will lead you down the road of a lifelong dependency on the dominant society for your self esteem. A recipe for disaster.

9. queenofmeanest says:

HANNIBAL the VICTOR
    I was thrown out of the girl scouts because I refused to sing Kumbaya.

10. MorganaLeFay says:

Disheartening to see racism is still alive everywhere. I hope he wins his case, but… It’s terrible.

queenofmeanest

I used to have to sing it when I was in grade or elementary catholic school and like u I’ve come to hate it, too.

12. queenofmeanest says:

HANNIBAL the VICTOR

They replaced the song with TAPS.  I hated TAPS.

13. queenofmeanest says:

Watchful queenofmeanest

We had to do the Lord’s prayer everyday before we left school.  One of my classmates asked the teacher “why do we have to say the Lords Prayer?”  She said because I like it.

queenofmeanest

Damn, queen … that’s just as bad … maybe even worse.  : )

queenofmeanest

Yup, so did I … it seemed like we prayed morning, noon, and at the close of school. And if we had to go to mass we might have prayed half the day away. LOL

16. prfssrpeacefrog says:

Wondering why “Jewish” is relevant here… and WOW.  An awful lot of antisemitism in the comments.  Racism is racism, folks.

17. queenofmeanest says:

Watchful
    As my uncle says, if you want to win in court, get a jew lawyer

Jews are the catalyst and beneficiary of racism throughout the world. Most of the worlds problem were orchestrated by the chosen.

19. prfssrpeacefrog says:

Rick Manigault that statement is stunningly narrow-minded and bigoted, not to mention completely unfettered from reality. Jews have been ostracized, persecuted expelled and annihilated for  millennia.  Not quite sure how that can be beneficial…
    Here’s a short list, if you are interested:

queenofmeanest

I’ve heard that since my youth, too, queen.

Rick Manigault

It’s the Zionists, Rick.

prfssrpeacefrog You ever seen a list of places that expelled certain people for human sacrifice and Usury?

Rick Manigault

Speakin’ of usury.

24. kailee says:

Why would anyone put up with this. He should have left and filed a complaint the very first time he was verbally assaulted. Was this the only job in NY? When will people learn to keep their racism to themselves? I hope he wins the case, then maybe, the racist idiots will see the error of their ways!