June 12, 2014 8:56 am

Obama Says Black Men Aren’t Doing Well Because They Don’t Have Daddies

Obama parenting.jpg

by Yvette Carnell

In an interview with President Bush’s daughter, Jenna Bush Hager, President Obama admitted that “a lot of young men of color aren’t doing well” but yet again, demonstrated that he has little empirical understanding of the causes for that failure.

“The truth is, is that a lot of young men of color aren’t doing well. Partly because they don’t have dads in their lives. Partly because they don’t have networks of support. It’s important to me partly because, you know, I grew up without a dad, and you know, I know that I went through my own struggles,” said Obama.

“I made a decision in young adulthood that it was going to be important for me to make sure that I was there for my kids,” Obama added. “I’ve really tried to make sure that I didn’t miss parent-teacher conferences, that I didn’t miss the ballet recitals or the soccer games. I tried to be disciplined about if I’m in town, being home for dinner every single night, and I think it’s made a difference. You know the one thing the girls know about me is I love them to death.”

Fathers are important, but so is government. As Jamelle Bouie explained in The Daily Beast, so-called dead beat dads didn’t create the ghettos, government did:

Redlining is the practice of denying key services (like home loans and insurance) or increasing their costs for residents in a defined geographical area. In theory, this could be used against anyone. In reality, it was almost exclusively a tool to force blacks (and other minorities) into particular geographic areas. The practice began with the National Housing Act of 1934, which established the Federal Housing Administration, as well as the Federal Home Loan Bank Board. It was this agency which created “residential security maps” for several cities to determine the safety of real estate investments in selected areas.

You should already see where this is going: Existing black neighborhoods were lined as unsafe, and thus ineligible for financing. For prospective property owner, this was terrible: Absent cash on hand, there was no way to afford a home or a business in your area.

The result was staggering:

In short, redlining forced blacks into particular areas and then starved those areas of affordable capital. Combined with widespread job discrimination—which barred blacks from public employment and forced them into low-wage labor—you had neighborhoods that were impoverished by design.

And redlining is just one example out of many of how the U.S. government, not black
fathers, set the stage for what we are seeing now. As professor Michelle Alexander noted, white men are prepared to make billions from legalized pot while black men are languishing in prisons over low level pot sales.

And if you go back even further, Ira Katznelson does an excellent job of detailing how black people were intentionally omitted from FDR’s New Deal. The result was that immigrant whites were given a ladder up to the middle class while blacks remained in poverty, hence the wealth gap we still see today. It will take policy to correct that, not daddy getting home in time for dinner.

Listen, I know Father’s Day is coming, but for once, I’d appreciate it if Obama would stop trying to be the Daddy of Black America and behave as the President of the United States of America. I wish he would stop trying to be the daddy some black men never had and be the president they never had. What they need is an advocate in the White House, not someone to pat them on the head. This is about policy, something over which Obama has some control, or at least he should, not just fatherhood.

Tags:

Categorised in: , , ,

68 Comments

• MorganaLeFay says:

There is only so much fatherhood can do. In the end, it is up to meaningful legislation to diminish the effect of racial discrimination on black improvement.

• BlackheywoodHeywood says:

President
    Obama needs to be quiet about Black folks problems. He is Americas
    President, not the President of Black America, his words not mine. We
    must deal with him as we have with all other White POTUS who at least
    Pretended they gave a damn about Black
    people. President Obama made it clear He Doesn’t Give One DAMN about
    Black folks. Six years of Double Digit UE for adult Black men and his
    administration has remained silent. Either you are part of the solution
    or you’re part of the problem, Mr President. I am also sick of this
    narrative I and ALL THE BLACK MEN in my family and I know are Active and
    Responsible Black men who are involved in their children and family
    lives. Once again President Obama takes the Worse element of Black folks
    and use it to paint a picture that all or the majority of Black men are
    like that. That is the same racist Bullchit that White folks do to us.
    Check yourself Mr President.

• Watchful says:

Well, if nuthin’ else, he’s consistent.

• MariaRory says:

Well that was the topic…And he’s right father need to do more to help raise the next generation.Parents need to do more for the next generation.Being home every night is one thing but what he was saying is get connected. How often do he address black issue.Not often, Because he is the president when he fart all america smell it.So you no he’s not just dealing with black issues.In fact since he became the president and your black it hasn’t been easy Exspecially  florida residents.But keep your head up and this to shall pass. Little right and wrong with any and every thing he says.He will be so greatfull when he don’t have to deal with US.

• BlackheywoodHeywood says:

MariaRory And he needs to more as POTUS to help create a climate for JOBS for those fathers all he seem to have is criticism for. I personally know when Black men like with other men have JOBS that pay a livable wage they become more family oriented, active in their community and contribute to society. The fact is that Black unemployment hasn’t been this bad since Pre Civil Rights and all the wealth many Black people gained have been lost, yet after voting for President Obama and the Democrats TWICE in historic numbers we have NOTHING but his attacks and excuses of why he cannot do anything to help us but he demands we support folks here illegally which has always harmed the American Black working man. He’s been POTUS for SIX YEARS and it’s past time the excuse stop being made for him, he knew he was Black when he ran and won the Presidency ,he must take responsibility and worker HARDER to create opportunities for the Black men he seems to always have criticism  for. We did elect him to be the National spokesman for Black males or fatherhood, he has said he is not President of Black America so why offer advice to us when we want and need him to do his JOB as POTUS.

• BlackheywoodHeywood says:

MorganaLeFay Thank you. Some people seem to believe those who ask for and get our vote and support has no responsibility to us but they can help everyone else.

• ROBERT@atx says:

FOR most black OBAMA supporters it was never about politics or what he would or wouldn’t do for us it was about finally being accepted as equals  by white folks ; OBAMA understood this from the beginning and he knew he only had to pay lip service to us.

IT’S unfortunate but we black AMERICANS still remain in the grips of white supremacy and we won’t be able to be talked to logically about politics until this dude leaves office and I can’t wait for that day!

• Obsidian71 says:

Watchful like an atomic clock.  This was the guy that, when prompted for if he was for reparations during the debate, said  “I think our schools need improving that’s your reparations right there”

*cough*  excuse me.  Doing your job now as a Government now qualifies for reparations for past free labor, terrorism and discrimination.

Don’t get me wrong.  I like Obama but I told everyone before he was even elected that POTUS was a puppet position.  Every candidate makes promises they know they cannot keep.   We all cheer and hope because that’s what we are conditioned to do.  In the face of Dogma we are supposed to turn toward our faith or dig down deep and “hope” rather than demand accountability, transparency and action.

Next President will do the SAME thing.

• Obsidian71 says:

MorganaLeFay What’s a father going to do if he’s broke and can’t keep the lights on?

We all need to be looking at the bottom line.  Everything we do should be about increasing our wealth, influence and power (WIP).  So merely having a daddy there isn’t enough.  It’s not the answer unless that daddy is directly connected into building WIP for his family.

• Chris40 says:

Well, Obama didn’t mention Black men specifically. He mentioned “young men of color.” According to Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper, men of color means Blacks, Latinos/Hispanics, and Native Americans. So I guess Obama threw those groups under the bus too. As a Black person, I don’t fall for the “minority” and “people of color” stuff!!!!!

Obsidian71

I agree with u on everything except the part about ‘liking him’.

Obsidian71

Well said.

• BlackheywoodHeywood says:

Chris40 As a Black person, I don’t fall for the “minority” and “people of color” stuff!!!!!

Neither do I, because our experiences are different from “Asians, Hispanics/Latinos, Native Americans. IMO it’s insulting to erase me as an American Black man,whose ancestors since the late 1500’s built and contributed to his nation (before she became a nation) and while Black folks stood for America she stood and still stands against us. Had it not been for our struggle those “people of color” would not be in America in masses today the 1964 CRB gave birth to the 1965 Immigration Act. We fought for those same “people of color” who many like White America stands against us. I can not allow others (no matter how politically correct they want to be) diminish our greatness and achievements which made this nation the wealthiest and most powerful nation on earth to date. I always ask folks “tell me one thing that “people of color” did in America that benefited or help benefit American Black folks. I am an American Black Man and damn proud.

ROBERT@atx

Pretty much agree with u except that I don’t think it was so much about being accepted by whites as much as it was about symbolism, which I think the strong support he still seems to have among our ppl is really all about. It seems alot of our ppl think the false image of him as, supposedly, the most powerful man in the world, along with the racial pride that many seem to have taken in him holding that office, may in large part be the real reason for their continued support for him. This, despite the lack of any evidence of him doing anything of significance in return for such strong support.

• RicardoJones says:

I’m proud of my Father! Is the President proud of his Father?

• AllenShaw says:

RicardoJones The President did not know his father since his father when back to Africa!

• AllenShaw says:

ROBERT@atx”We Blacks” are in the grip of Economic Power not White Power. Only 1 % of the population controls the wealth and power of this nation!

• RicardoJones says:

AllenShaw RicardoJones Allen, do you think I didn’t know that. My point is thats a poor excuse for anyone.

BlackheywoodHeywood MariaRory
    MariaRoryMariaRory

• RicardoJones says:

The real issues are we made a mistake electing someone with these emotional issues without control over them. The lack of a Black policy by this President is tied to the President’s personal problems. Some of us are so happy with a so-called mixed President of color we don’t care about accountability and/or anything else.

AllenShaw

“If you do not understand white supremacy(racism)-what it is, and how it works-everything else that you think you understand will only confuse you” – Neely Fuller Jr

• AllenShaw says:

Watchful AllenShaw I yield to your supreme knowledge?

MariaRory
    O Goody! This Black President only has two and a half more years to be
    President, and then you will be able to vote for a White President that will
    give you all of the benefits that this President has taken away from you!
    The President of the United States does not pass laws, he either veto’s
    them, signs, them or lets them just become law. The Blacks and others failed to
    vote for the Democrat Representative of their districts and thus the Tea Party
    blocked the entire Administrations request for the majority of his time in
    office.
    It would be nice if more voices were heard from individuals who understand
    how the political system works.It seems
    as though most comments indicate that individuals think that Presidents have
    more power than they actually have.

• AllenShaw says:

It would be nice if one of the individuals who is capable of outlining
    President Obama’s actual failures and explain to those of us who are happy with
    him, how he could have done what they think he has not done!

Try to be specific so he will know what it is that he can do as President.
    Please don’t tell him to stop racism!
    This article is about fathers and why President Obama does not have the
    right to speak about the subject!

AllenShaw

Was that meant to be a question?

• AllenShaw says:

Watchful AllenShaw No that was not a question. That was a statement of fact.

AllenShaw

Ok, thx for clearing that up for me. 🙂

BTW, I would never consider my limited amount of knowledge as being anywhere close to being ‘supreme’.

At best, I’m just a mere student of life whose still trying hard to learn more and more each and every single day..

• turkey1 says:

Question, does anyone know how to directly contact the President? I wrote him several letters on different issues of the EEOC. I never got a response back. Why doesn’t he just have and open forum of question and answers, in a black community, are mail out questionnaires, on issues we see as a problem, and solutions to the problems.

• nateisback says:

Barack Obama: A Sad Legacy of America’s Future  — This is what happens when low-information voters elect a politician based on his blackness instead of his common sense.  Elections do have consequences and the chickens are now coming home to roost.  Suckers!

• bascombeb says:

this is a perfect example of a lazy-minded politician getting, then giving, asinine responses to stupid assumptions from idiots with political agendas. I think many expected Obama to be a better President. Instead, he’s proven to be as ignorant and controlled as any other politician. this reminds me of clinton, the “1st black p(R)esident”, calling out Sistah Soljah for nothing and treating her as some sort of radical, when all she did was support her community. I’m glad she responded to his ass. I wish more ‘black leaders’ would ask Obama why he  would join the chorus of sycopants who berate black men.

• thinkiqnc says:

Obsidian71 Watchful Are you saying voters are suppose to vote, cross their fingers, hold their breath and rather than demand accountability, ask God to do the job?

thinkiqnc

Not at all, I have no idea what voters r ‘supposed’ to do since I haven’t voted since 1986. The only time I would even consider voting would be on the local level and only then if I felt there was a candidate worthy of my vote. I came close earlier this spring in the mayoral primary here in my hometown, but bcuz I’m not registered with one of the 2 major parties I couldn’t vote in the primary and the candidate that I liked ran as a democrat and lost, so that was that. Had he chosen to run as an independent I woulda registered and voted for him in the general election.

• AllenShaw says:

No matter what President Obama says, it seems as though someone
    can parse out an exception to any one portion of his speech, paragraph,
    sentence or word  to make him out to be wrong. In his speech he
    did not say that missing fathers was the only thing, he said it was one of the
    things. When one reads into another person words more than is there, they are
    attempting to put the individual down with deception instead of attacking for
    what the person disagrees or finds wrong with that person.
    I get it. A certain number of Black individuals do not agree
    with President Obama. That is to be expected and they have every right to
    express that dislike and disagreement.
    They should outline the disagreement and maybe offer some
    useful, meaningful solution that the President can use. They should be
    politically aware of the obstacle placed before the President and they should
    also understand what is possible and what is not.
    When discussing a problems such as trouble with youth, we
    should not confuse it with problems we have with the President, it undermines
    are problem and appears to be a political fight against the President.
    First of all the President is serving his last term in office,
    he for practical purposes is already a lame duck President. No one can hurt him
    now unless they support the Republican Party in their impeachment attempts. Any
    hope that he will accomplish anything for anyone is for those that have an interest
    for any bill or thought, is to stop the negative and get on board his ship.
    It is highly unlikely that, Presidents can do much more to
    help increase the opportunities of Blacks, because of his “Lame Duck” status.Even when he has his administration attempt to
    correct problems, before the program can be initiated people are complaining
    that he has not done enough.
    The Health Bill should have been the greatest gift to poor
    Blacks, however instead of our Black southern leaders, studying the bill and
    taking steps to force their state governments to accept the gift, they remained
    silent, while the Republican Party and a few unwise Blacks attempted to kill
    the bill, and then when they could not kill the bill, they denied the poor,
    (Blacks made up a large part of the poor) the opportunity to get the Medicaid that
    they could get.
    Yet today, when all effort by our Black News should be on
    forcing the 24 states to accept the Medicaid program, they are concentrating on
    finding reasons to destroy the President.
    If you manage to assist the Republicans in destroying President
    Obama, what do you think your reward is going to be?

turkey1
    Don’t expect to receive a callback!

His mail is screened by his staff and he is provided the mail that they deem appropriate.
    Many individuals receive responses from the President1!

• thinkiqnc says:

AllenShaw He had no problem addressing the issues of illegal
    immigrants, Gays and abortionist. Now you are saying Black people waited to
    late even though he’s threatening to use Executive Orders to by pass congress.
    When the President chose Al Sharpton to be his front man over elected Black officials
    who can vote in congress, his mission regarding black issues was clear,
    Remember now, Al Sharpton, Tavis Smiley and others had a Black Agenda.

• thinkiqnc says:

Watchful thinkiqnc SorryI was responding to Obsidian. My voting patteren follows yours a little but I stay registered and mostly vote in local election too. And I’m just as proud having never voted for Obama as those who did.

thinkiqnc

No problem. I stopped voting bcuz I didn’t see where it made any difference for my ppl. It wasn’t even about whether I personally benefited from voting, I just wanted to be able to vote for someone who I felt would make a real difference in the lives of so many who had been ignored and disregarded for so long. Unfortunately, since 1986 I saw not a single candidate that I could place any faith in so I just said ‘to hell wit it’, what’s the use.

Then this year I saw a mayoral candidate that I felt might just actually attempt to do something for the least of us here in my hometown. Unfortunately, the majority of voters decided to go with another candidate and blew what I felt was a golden opportunity to possible place someone in office who would fight for them. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

I’m hopin’ the candidate that I woulda supported decides to run again, only next time as an independent, then I could vote for him in the general election. Unfortunately, the democrats rule here and he ran against a longtime democratic councilwoman who had much better name recognition and she won the primary and most likely will win the general elections as well. I have no faith that anything of significance will change for black ppl in this city under her administration. Sad to say, it’ll almost certainly be business as usual.

thinkiqnc AllenShaw
    I am not sure you read or if you did read my comments you understood
    them. My remarks have to do with the probability that President Obama is a Lame
    Duck President. He has expended almost 5 years on the Affordable Care Act which
    is the greatest gift that he could have given the poor. Yet instead of the
    Black leaders making every attempt to get the 24 states in United States, the
    majority of which are in the southern states, to accept Medicaid, they decided
    to pursue their own agenda.

The President is responsible for all of the United States.
    Now as all of the poor, many Blacks included, suffer in the
    southern states you can all celebrate that you fixed him for failing to do what
    you wanted!
    I don’t have to justify what others do; I just have to
    express my beliefs.They do not have to
    be correct!

• thinkiqnc says:

AllenShaw thinkiqnc I read all post I respond to. Also I read profiles before I
    respond. You say health care is the greatest gift to the poor. Then people in
    communist countries should be the healthiest in the world. When you want
    government to help solve a problem, you don’t get behind one party. People that
    want to solve problems offer solutions acceptable to both sides, like MLK and
    others did. I just disagreed with something you said and offered some evidence.
    If you disagree with something I said will you kindly do the same. Opinions are
    not facts. It is clear that you are partisan in your politics. If you really
    believe in Obama or his policies, you would defend him without bringing up the
    Republicans or Bush or he ran out of time.

thinkiqnc AllenShaw
    I have not made any studies on communism, so I can’t comment
    about their health.
    I am not discussing having any solution solved by Congress.
    I am suggesting that Black Leaders get involved in forcing the 24 states to
    take care of their poor, by accepting the Medicaid money.
    I don’t recall and could not find any indication that I
    disagreed with you.
    Comments are all opinions and rarely are completely factual
    or agreeable to others.
    The only reference to the Republican Party is the support
    that the Black Leaders are giving them by not working hard to get the Medicaid portion
    of the Affordable Health Care Law started in the 24 states.
    Yes, I believe in the setting President.At the moment it is President Obama.If you did check my profile, you would see
    that I also supported President Bush and the Republican Party on occasions!
    Once again, President Obama is probably a Lame Duck
    President and from now on only history will be his judge.

• thinkiqnc says:

AllenShaw thinkiqnc You’ve did no studies or research yet you say it’s the “greatest
    gift to the poor. It’s not Black leaders apathy helping the Republicans, most
    Americans don’t support Affordable health care. But you want bother to look it
    up because according to you it’s just opinions. I surrender.

• Watchful says:

The willful blindness and ignorance displayed by some of the POTUS’ most ardent defenders/worshipers on this site is downright pathetic. SMDH

• MartinAttroski says:

AllenShaw thinkiqnc I will sum it up for you. Everything Democrats and Republicans are working toward is one form or another of totalitarianism. Dems for Communism, Repubs for Facism. If you really do the research you will see that both parties are working against what has made us all free- The Constitution. I have family on both sides, and all of them have too much ego to actually look for the truth in these situations. What liberals seek to achieve is understandable however totally unworkable. What conservatives seek is understandable but unworkable. Both systems rely on the Government to keep them secure in one way or another. Health care, Military, etc… Its all based on security at the root. Governments will never be able to provide these services for any extended length of time. They all fail under their own weight. The only solution is for Americans to do for themselves what they ask others to do.
    Secure yourselves.

• MartinAttroski says:

AllenShaw  Free Speech is a right afforded to all Americans, unless you are questioning his citizenship which I assume you are not.
    I cant think of anything Obama has failed in terms of what I expected him to do. He does not have the background of a good leader, neither did a great many of our elected leaders since the mid 1800’s.
    Obamas failure like many of our presidents, is the refusal to enforce constitutional law. If you care to study this most important document, and treat it as it is (a book of laws) its quite easy to see the numerous infractions. I think every American should be required to study this document every year in school. The reason we are in this predicament is because most Americans do not understand, or do not believe that the Constitution is valid.
    Constitutional Violations:
    NDAA
    CISPA
    SOPA
    PIPA
    ACA
    FBI
    NSA
    CIA
    HMS
    and on and on.
    Do you know there are over 300 different federal agencies?
    Ones to tax you for services you don’t receive (taxation without representation)
    Ones to prevent you from traveling (DMV) Violating Freedom of movement
    Ones to prevent your voice from being heard (Freedom to Assemble) Laws that require you obtain a permit from the very people you are going to protest.
    All manner of illegal laws are perpetrated, and everyone argues that we need them for safety and security, at the cost of happiness.
    Until people decide to get together, and stop this in-fighting (what all politicians promote), no progress will ever be made.
    Its not black vs white, old vs poor, stupid vs smart, immigrant vs migrant, ITS ALL OF US VS THEM. If we would just UNITE and STAND, they could do nothing to stop us from righting these wrongs, from returning this country to freedom.
    Imagine if their were no laws to prevent cheap guns from being available to the poor black community, you could police yourselves, statistics prove that the most armed communities are not susceptible to crime and gangs. Even gang member want to wake up tomorrow alive.
    I know its all a tall order, and I don’t think it will happen, but it is what needs to happen.

• MartinAttroski says:

Watchful ROBERT@atx So you think the president should specifically focus on one ethnic group because they voted for him. It follows that if you help someone then they must in return help you. Do you understand the implications of this? Do you think it would be good for any group of people if they all had their own racial party? This is what creates wars and splits countries. Do you believe America would be a better place for blacks if they had their own specific section of the country devoid of other races?
    Im honestly asking.
    My opinion is that the best thing Obama could do for the black community is to reward those among you who create wealth in your own communities by staying out of their business.
    Let all non violent drug offenders free, and get rid of drug laws which are merely in place to promote big pharma’s drugs.
    Get rid of equal opportunity that ensures that even the best black man or woman is labeled as getting a free ride.
    Many people resent the fact that certain groups get favoritism. If a white person works hard in college that they worked and paid for with money they earned, gets turned down for a female, or a minority. Do you believe this is fair? Many white Europeans in this country came here a long time after slavery and have had their own ancestors enslaved as well.

• MartinAttroski says:

Watchful AllenShaw Now change white with black.
    ” The only form of functional Racism that exists among the people of the known universe is “White Supremacy.”  -Neely Fuller Jr
    If you believe what this man writes, I concede that your cause is that of perpetuating racism, not eliminating it. Children are blind to racism until someone teaches it to them, either through the other race or their own. Anytime an article is written that supports one race over another, or vice versa is guilty of perpetuating racism. Lets be clear here. Racism is acting on the fact that a person is different in appearance. Not the fact that one person discriminates (which is an intellectual process of choosing good information over bad) against intelligence, or attitude, etc…..
    I have never in all my years seen a white person discriminate a person based on the color of their skin. I have seen the reverse in most cases. While those before my may be guilty of denying a individual some form of liberty, I have never seen it. At lease according to the Constitution. Freedom to assemble is a right, that right means that if a group of people does not want you in their group, that is their freedom.
    You also have the freedom to form your own group, and compete equally for whatever you wish. If this right has been infringed, it is up to every constitutional American to fight it, because its in all of our best interests.

• MartinAttroski says:

BlackheywoodHeywood MariaRory There is opportunity everywhere and it is denied to all Americans not just you. There are many people unemployed and its not Obamas fault. Its the fault of the leviathan federal government that strips us all of our freedom. Think about it, how many times are we taxed on a loaf of bread?
    They tax the man who sells the seed.
    They tax the man who delivers the seed (gas tax)(Vehicle tax)
    They tax the man who plants, grows, and harvests the seed.
    They tax the land owner where it grows. (property tax)
    They tax the company who produces the bread. (energy tax, worker tax, unemployment tax, fed tax, grain tax)
    They tax the workers who work there.
    They tax the delivery. (fuel)
    They tax the distributer. (energy, etc..)
    Then they tax you for buying it. When you get that bread, the cost has exponentially gone up from all the taxes which are passed on as much as can be to you.
    The cost of subsidizing anything is astronomical. You can only tax someone so much until they figure out that it just isn’t worth it anymore and leave. This is exactly what happened in Atlanta, and the mayor is suing all those evil companies who are tired of working for next to nothing.
    The governments answer is Communism, because then we are all just peon slaves. Now no one can even buy bread, we are given rations of it and if the all powerful government decides to, they can give us nothing and let us starve. Don’t think it will happen, well look to Russia, and China, research Lenin. He killed more Russians through an imposed famine than Hitler ever did. Research Mao of China. The information is out there for anyone who cares to read it.
    The enemy is not white, he is red.

• MartinAttroski says:

MorganaLeFay That’s all good and well so long as you don’t do it at the expense of others. You can’t legislate education, morality, philosophy, honor, or respect. It is taught by us to our children. These qualities will save any who strive for them. No one is perfect. I know we hear a lot of “It takes a community” but that really is only applicable to community matters, it is up to us parents to raise children who can think independently, and who will be individuals that make decisions based on these qualities.

• MartinAttroski says:

Obsidian71 MorganaLeFay True that. If push comes to shove, buy up a small plot of farming land (its cheap), and you can sell whatever you can grow to pay the land tax and feed your family. Trees build houses. Wells provide water. We can survive. Our currency will be what we can do to help our neighbor.

thinkiqnc AllenShaw
    Good!

• AllenShaw says:

Watchful Yes, Politics is hell!
    People just refuse to agree with each other.

MartinAttroski

If, as u say, “Governments will never be able to provide these services for any extended length of time. They all fail under their own weight”.

If that’s the case,  then we should not being paying taxes.

MartinAttroski

The only reason u haven’t ‘seen’ it is bcuz u refuse to.

AllenShaw

It ain’t ‘hell’ for me and I couldn’t care less if someone disagrees with me.

• MartinAttroski says:

Watchful MartinAttroski I would say that taxation without representation is illegal. The only reason anyone pays taxes is because we have all seen what the government does to those who don’t, they destroy their lives and make examples out of them.
    No, we definitely should not be paying taxes for that which we have no desire to pay into.
    There is little difference between a government of criminals to the constitution extorting taxes from its citizenry and a mobster forcing you to pay money just to let you work on ‘his’ street.
    If everyone stopped paying taxes tomorrow the system would collapse. It wouldn’t actually take everyone but it would have to be at least 20 million.
    Under the current government it is even illegal to advise other people not to pay their taxes, so much for free speech. Although I am not advising you to do this, im agreeing with you that no one has the right to extort money under the threat of harm in any form.
    Did you know that there is not a SINGLE law in the constitution or even the IRS tax code that says we must pay taxes??  People just believe it, and if you go to court the jury just believes everyone has to, and they convict people for it. There are many cases of this out there. The government is greatest manipulator.

• MartinAttroski says:

Watchful MartinAttroski The definition of racism has changed over time. Denying anyone a job based on the color of their skin is racism. Choosing not to walk past a black person out of fear is not racism. People fear what they don’t understand.
    I have been on the receiving end of racism when I went to school, but it was not from whites. However, I have known many good black people who looked out for me, so I don’t judge every single person by the majority. There are black supremacists as much as there are white supremacists but thankfully most of these folk aren’t in charge of anything.
    If the good blacks, good whites, and good everyone else stand together, we can get back our freedom. These people are trying to divide us all, they want us to hate each other. They pit old people vs the young, women against men, black vs white. None of it helps us everyday Americans, it only helps those who seek to keep us down, they want us to pay attention to these petty issues while they steal every right we have. In the end we will all see them for what they are, but id rather not be in a gulab when this realization occurs.  What have democrats done for black people? Welfare? Welfare is the cause of breaking up black families. Gun laws were from Jim Crow trying to keep black people from owning them, not crazy school shooters. Republicans talk a good game about getting back to the constitution but they never follow through. Its up to us everyday Americans to get together on this stuff. Black and White.

MartinAttroski

U’re wasting ur time with me touting how great the U.S. constitution is. That document was authored by a buncha racists/white supremacists so it has absolutely no value or worth to me whatsoever.

U wanna know how the people that wrote ur beloved constitution really felt about black people?  Well read this,

Writing for the (7-2) majority, Chief Justice, Roger B. Taney, said, “thehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_Fathers_of_the_United_States had viewed all blacks as beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations, and so far inferior that they “had no rights which the white man was bound to respect.”

• thinkiqnc says:

MartinAttroski AllenShaw thinkiqnc The problem’s not with the parties; the fault lies with we the people. It is “we the people” who have allowed the fox to guard the hen house.

• MorganaLeFay says:

I understand your point, Martin, but there is a big difference between teaching effective parenting, and the strong racial bias in this country. You think there aren’t black parents teaching their children good moral values? Why are they more likely to be discriminated against, despite of that? Yes, we should take care of our kids, but the primary cause of poverty and weakness in the black community is racism. The devastating effect this has on many elements of black society, including fatherhood, cannot be underestimated in favour of asking other black people to take better care of their children.

MorganaLeFay

Couldn’t agree with u more, Morgana. If u haven’t already, u may want to check out this series of articles when u have some free time. I’ve only been able to read a couple of the articles so far, but they’re very good.

• thinkiqnc says:

MorganaLeFay If you are right then you and the parents needs to explain
    to the children how Obama, Oprah and others obtained all that wealth in this
    racism. Also explained how racism has been so effective at keeping Black people
    in poverty and subjugated when Blacks have been in control of enforcing civil right laws for more than a half century.
    I will give $i00.00 to any charity if you are right. I say Black people are the
    victims of exploitation and the poverty is created by those in our communities
    whose existence depends on that exploitation. If you are right why should a kid
    bother voting, or getting an education? Well
    I guess Dr. King had it all wrong.

• turkey1 says:

Black kids may need a father figure in there lives, but I had a father figure and he died around my thirteen birthday, I were lost with my grandmother cussing me at will, and putting me down to nothing while Social Services glorify her, my father and grandfather had great wealth in the farming community. And I suffered dearly when my grandmother could not find the moneybox, and tried to starve us to death. As today Social Services would come to your rescue. At that time she had, Rest home retiree’s staying in our father’s house, that were strictly for his children, not matter how many sticks were broken to beat the retiree’s,  for any purpose, Social Services, and the Lawyer for adoption love her. We could speak the truth but just do, most Americans today have not seen a grown, Rest home Retiree, cry like a baby from whips and sticks on his body for the least thing. They were handicaps who could not hold there feces, but yet starved, the only meal that they got were grit with grease and flies in it. I have live as a boy, devoid of human understanding, of no love just a piece of property.

• bascombeb says:

this is from a spam generator.

• MartinAttroski says:

Watchful MartinAttroski So you would rather live in a society that does not view rights as inherent to the individual. You would rather live in a society like south Africa? or perhaps Zimbabwe? or some other African country? I hear black people bemoan the constitution without knowing at all why it is that they have the rights they do. What do you think will happen to you without the constitution? You think your going to just have everything you’ve ever wanted? You would prefer to live in a slum society? The same slave masters your ancestors had are the same people who tell you the constitution was written by a bunch of racists. They are the ones who created the Jim crow laws, they are the same ones who destroyed the black family, they are the same ones who want to keep you just barely fed, enough to vote. It amazes me the level of ineptitude among your equals.
    You don’t know whats wrong with the country, but you somehow know its the fault of the constitution. Amazing. I would invite you to go to Africa to see what this level of thinking invites, I have been there, have you?
    I give up on idiots like you, your not worth the time. You are part of the herd, you will never fight for anything, just cry and moan. No matter which way the country goes you will always bemoan your victimhood status. Man up and stop your whining. The least you could do is learn enough to realize that you don’t know NEARLY enough to even speak on the subject. Meh, hopeless.

• MartinAttroski says:

thinkiqnc MartinAttroski AllenShaw
    Totally agree. Let us all remember however, that 3% of the population is all that is required to change course. The majority have always been sheep, it just takes the people who WILL do something to just DO something to change course, the rest will follow regardless of the course. I commend you for becoming informed, and for caring. Its Americans like you that I care to support and defend.

MartinAttroski

Look, it’s trolls like u that constantly make weak attempts to steer discussions away from the truth. That ish won’t work with me. I already showed u that the constitution that u seem to hold so dearly wasn’t written with my people in mind. The laws in that ‘sacred’ constitution of urs was written by a buncha racisits/white supremacists and those laws r and always have been enforced selectively in favor of white people. So don’t expect me to worship that worthless document the way u do. And as far as how things r in Afrika, the primary reason that things r the way they r on that continent is because of all the interference and meddling from white supremacist-led western nations, primarily the U.S. who r only interested in staring wars and extracting all the natural resources there. So put that in ur pipe and smoke it and choke.