April 16, 2014

This stark comparison making the rounds from Dave “Davey D.” Cook’s Facebook page needs airing out: two mothers

A tale of two mothers…. The one with red hair on the left, decided to get high and drove for 12 miles with her baby on the roof of her car..By the time she realized her baby wasn’t in the car, it was too late.. The baby fell off and was found still in his car seat, fortunately unharmed…She was just sentenced and got probation..http://nydn.us/1m7ogNE

Meanwhile in the woman on the right was homeless and trying to get her life on better footing. She had a job interview and could not get anyone to watch her kids, so she left them in the car, with window open and went inside to do her job interview.. This mom was arrested and charged w/ a felony, her kids were taken away.. Both women live in Arizona.. http://bit.ly/1l1yKym

The above contrast is important because it shows that the American justice system isn’t just weighted toward the white and wealthy. Even the white and trailer park get away with only a slap on the wrist, while African-Americans receive the harshest sentence possible.  The underlying belief seems to be that white lives are worth redemption, so giving a white defendant a second chance is almost instinctive, whereas black defendants are guilty until proven innocent. There is no good will or any assumption of innocence where black defendants are concerned.

0 likes Black News , ybw #

27 thoughts on “Two Moms Leave Kids Alone, One Gets Probation, the Other Gets Charged With a Felony

So tell me somethin’ I don’t already know. The bigger question is, what, if anything, can we do to reverse this injustice? I honestly don’t have an answer since we obviously can’t look to the judicial system for a just resolution. I’m open to any thoughts and/or ideas anyone else may care to offer.

2. NAHMEANSON101 says:

Watchful I feel you..that’s Real Talk..we know we are under attack..we know we are at war in this siKKK racist country..and it seems to only be getting worse..the question is and really only needs to be discussed at this point in time is what are we going to do about it..because the fact that we aren’t reacting aggressively is only enabling these craKKKerz to get bolder and bolder..it’s like a bully at school or where ever..they won’t stop until you stand up to them..the question is how..what would be the most effective way…………

3. NAHMEANSON101 says:

And you still have negr0e’z thinking we live in a post racial society……………

NAHMEANSON101

Yes, we have to figure out. Surely our best minds can come together and help us come up with a practical approach to effectively deal with situations like this. Unless and until we collectively take action this will continue to occur.

NAHMEANSON101

I categorically reject and dismiss that term, and scoff at anyone who attempts to use it with me.

6. NAHMEANSON101 says:

WatchfulNAHMEANSON101 when you say “collectively” I hope you mean like minded people..because thinking all Black people will come together will never happen especially when we have story after story with us being attacked and you still have negre0’z saying we live in a post-racial society..negr0e’z really believe this…….

NAHMEANSON101

No, I definitely agree that we don’t need ALL of us to come together, but I think we need a critical mass of, as u stated, like-minded bruthas and sistahs to collectively formulate a practical plan that the rest of the masses can join if they so choose. But we certainly can’t waste time waiting for everyone else to get with the program. Those of us who r able and ready to take action must do so now.

NAHMEANSON101

BTW, I think we should start on the local level right where we live and then branch out from there.

9. NYchick says:

A real comparison would be having same judge, and same attorney for ea person. The lady who left kid on car, is this the first time she had issues, is it the first time the other lady had dealing with law? There are alot of things we don’t know here, but I see why people would be upset reading just the scope of the story.

10. UntilTheMorning says:

This is misleading…#1 – Both mothers were arrested and only 1 (Catalina) has had their day in court…Taylor’s arrest was recent …Clouser was arrested in 2012 and recently sentenced to probation.

11. Obsidian71 says:

Those who know Arizona know why there is a disparity in the sentencing.

Catalina is in Phoenix where the more regular folks live.

Taylor was in Scottsdale where more of the affluent live.

Phoenix median household income = $46k
    Scottsdale median household income = $73k

The rule is clear.  If your going to screw up you better not do it an an area where affluent people live.  They send messages to people they think shouldn’t be there.

What you are seeing here is not just racist behavior but also a very prevalent “empathy gap”

Source: Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_locations_by_per_capita_income

12. NAHMEANSON101 says:

Watchful NAHMEANSON101 Completely agree..have stated the same else where..PEace.

13. NAHMEANSON101 says:

Watchful NAHMEANSON101 agreed.

14. NAHMEANSON101 says:

what’s even worse is negr0e’z are trying to rationalize this………….

NAHMEANSON101

I kinda figured u had a similar mindset based on the comments in some of ur posts here.

NAHMEANSON101

Sadly, that’s to be expected.

17. NAHMEANSON101 says:

Watchful NAHMEANSON101 it good to find like minded Brothaz and Sistaz..especially at times it seems they are hard to come by……PEace..

NAHMEANSON101

Sadly, I agree, it does indeed seem that they r hard to come by these days, but we must nonetheless keep up the fight.

Peace & Power to u, too, my brutha.

19. fecesispopmusic says:

Well the girl with the tears got over 60K to play with now, so lets see what happens.. ( she did get it by now didn’t she, there was a fundraiser for her and it topped 60 K )

fecesispopmusic

This article says she’s received over $100,000 in PLEDGES, although it’s not clear if she’s actually received any of the money yet. She may need it just to pay legal fees in her fight to avoid a possible 8 yr prison stint.

21. Regrenee says:

This is because Amerika is still so  RACIST!  This needs to change PRONTO!

22. jsaltsman27 says:

Being in a homeless situation, jobless and single mother once I know how hard things can feel. My hardest decision was the best I made for my child, that was to have her stay with family who could care for her. Did I want to be separated from her, leave her? No, but everyday apart made me work harder to get out of the mess I was in. If she was with me and I did have an interview, I asked my family. I brought her with me to two and both of them I got. Was it the best option, it was the best with what I had. There is more to these two stories I have a feeling. And since we do not have it all, jumping straight to the race is where a lot would jump to. As many have said age, criminal record, possibly previous child neglect issues are all things looked at. She herself said she knew it was wrong that should have stopped her.

23. Regrenee says:

jsaltsman27 Judge not lest you be judged.   Who are we to judge because NO ONE is  perfect!  the lady who left her children in the car was wrong, but the other mother was worst because she was just out for a joy ride for drugs!

24. jsaltsman27 says:

I am sorry but you should re read my statement. I did not state one woman was any better or worse than the other. Just the simple fact that there is a lot of information that is not released to the public or the press. I also stated what I done in my situation, and I know I am not perfect. If you arehowever going to reference the Bible you should probably make sure you yourself are not falling subject to what it is you object of. JUDGE NOT LEST YOU BE JUDGED. How exactly do you know and who gave you the authority to decide which woman was the worst. Thank you.

25. CelesteaDeanes says:

the  Texas cosmetic queen Mary Kay did this….starting out, for a long time overnights, with her two kids. got props ,she herself admitted she probably deserved jail for it

26. jsaltsman27 says:

Yes she did, she went door to door as a sales woman after a divorce in the late 1940s. She admitted her wrong doing but unfortunately you can’t go back in time and charge everyone of crimes from the past. There are statutes of limitations that prohibit this. The laws as well were definitely different as well. In the 80s a lot of states if not all didn’t require seatbelts, carseats, helmets and other protective necessities in place now for our children.
    This mother of today’s era also admitted her wrong doing and will have her day in court. Everyone is already giving this person a guilty verdict when the judge could very well understand what she did and show respect to her. She needs to have her day. With all the evidence we do and do not have the judge will make the right choice.

27. StephenKeels says:

Something wrong with this picture. This isn’i the ‘Ebony and Ivory,” that Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder sung about.